- Raise the visibility of work at WUSTL in the areas of bioethics, clinical ethics, and research ethics
- Foster scholarly collaborations and the identification of experts who might serve as speakers or consultants
- Grow expertise in bioethics and research ethics by hosting train-the trainer events for IBN Associates
IBN Associates are actively engaged in teaching, consultation, or scholarship in any of three areas:
- Clinical bioethics, e.g., ethics committees, patient care consults, informed consent to treatment, advanced directives, surrogate decision making
- Research ethics, e.g., human subjects protections, ethics of animal care and use, research integrity
- General bioethics, e.g., scholarly interest in ethical issues surrounding health care access or reform, organ transplantation, genomics, or women’s health
The IBN Associate Database lists faculty and staff at Washington University in St. Louis who welcome collaboration.